In partnership with Flynn Management Contractors Ltd., Axis Engineering, Henry J. Lyons Architects and Linesight QS, McKeon Brothers Ltd. recently completed the refurbishment and fit out of the basement of 123 St. Stephen’s Green, which forms part of the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland’s (RCSI) campus.
The scope of the project was to supply, install, set to work, test and commission all mechanical systems throughout all areas.
The works comprised of:
- Strip out of the basement area of 123 St. Stephens Green back to ‘grey box’ condition
- Fit out of the basement area to accommodate a new commercial kitchen and server, canteen and associated break-out areas
- Ancillary works and associated mechanical and electrical and building fabric upgrades
Conducted over the course of five months, the mechanical services included in the works were:
- VRF System
- Ventilation supply and extract systems
- Air handling units
- Toilet extract ventilation systems
- Café extract ventilation systems
- Kitchen ventilation
- Compensated radiant heating in the WC
- Low temperature hot water pipework distribution
- Acoustic and vibration control
- Mechanical Control Centres, Controls, BMS outstations field devices and interface with packaged plant
- General Metalwork
- Internal gas distribution from the Boiler Room to the kitchen
- Gas detection in Kitchen
- Water services
- Hand-held firefighting installation
- Commissioning, balancing, treatment and sterilisation of the mechanical services systems
The project was successfully completed in January 2018.